Document Audience:INTERNAL
Document ID:I0912-1
Title:Sun Fire CPU/Memory Board FRUs are not enabled for Capacity On Demand. Sun Alert: No
Copyright Notice:Copyright © 2005 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Update Date:2003-03-04

        - Sun Proprietary/Confidential: Internal Use Only -
                        FIELD INFORMATION NOTICE
           (For Authorized Distribution by Enterprise Services)

FIN #: I0912-1                                       DATE: Jan/28/02
FIN #: I0912-1
Synopsis: Sun Fire CPU/Memory Board FRUs are not enabled for Capacity On Demand. Sun Alert: No
Create Date: Mar/03/03
SunAlert: No

TOP FIN/FCO REPORT: No

PRODUCT_REFERENCE:  COD on Sun Fire 12K/15K & 3800/4800/4810/6800

PRODUCT CATEGORY:   Server / Service

PRODUCTS AFFECTED:

Systems Affected
----------------
Mkt_ID   	Platform   Model     Description       Serial Number
------   	--------   -----     -----------       -------------
  -               F15K      ALL      Sun Fire 15K            -
  -               F12K      ALL      Sun Fire 12K            -
  -               S8        ALL      Sun Fire 3800           -
  -               S12       ALL      Sun Fire 4800           -
  -               S12i      ALL      Sun Fire 4810           -
  -               S24       ALL      Sun Fire 6800           -

X-Options Affected
------------------
Mkt_ID   Platform   Model     Description      Serial Number
------   --------   -----     -----------      -------------
  -         -         -            -                 -

PART NUMBERS AFFECTED:

Part Number      Description                       Model
-----------      -----------                       -----
540-5052-03      ASSY,CPU,4PROC USIIIP 900+MHZ       -
540-5267-02      FRU, CPU,4PROC USIIIP 1050+MHZ      -

REFERENCES:

FIN:  I0781-1

ECO:  WO_25192

LEAP: 2122

DOC:  816-6062-10 - Doclette.

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:

CPU/Memory Board FRUs for Sun Fire 12K/15K and Sun Fire 3800-6800
systems are not enabled for Capacity On Demand (COD) use.  When one of
these FRUs replaces a board which was enabled for COD, the FRU and its
processors will operate normally.  However, customers may have access
to additional processors for which they did not purchase RTU licenses.

This issue affects any Sun Fire platform where CPU/Memory Board FRUs,
P/N F540-5052-xx or P/N F5405267-xx, are installed as replacements for
COD-enabled boards.

A system's COD configuration can be identified with the 'showcodboards'
command.  This command lists boards currently enabled for COD.  In
addition, COD-enabled boards will have a "Capacity On Demand" label on
the ASIC cover.  For further information on Sun Fire COD, see FIN
I0781-1.

This issue occurs because current FRUs are not packaged to be shipped
as COD replacements.

This issue has been addressed by the following:

  . FRU Part Numbers are being dash rolled via ECO WO_25192:

      F540-5052-03 to -04
      F540-5261-02 to -03

  . Each new FRU will contain a doclet (816-6062-10) and an adhesive
    COD label.  The doclet describes the COD FRU installation procedure.
    See detailed instructions below.

  . A sticky-back envelope with the COD label/doclette will be distributed
    to the RSLs.  The envelope will be placed on existing 900Mhz & 1050Mhz
    FRUs in stock.

IMPLEMENTATION:

         ---
        |   |   MANDATORY (Fully Pro-Active)
         ---

         ---
        |   |   CONTROLLED PRO-ACTIVE (per Sun Geo Plan)
         ---

         ---
        | X |   REACTIVE (As Required)
         ---

CORRECTIVE ACTION:

The following recommendation is provided as a guideline for authorized
Sun Services Field Representatives who may encounter the above
mentioned problem.

Sun Fire CPU/Memory Boards in FRU stock are NOT COD enabled.  Use the
following procedure to enable COD when replacing a COD-enabled board.

Use the 'enablecodboard' command to COD-enable a CPU/Memory Board.

  Syntax:

  enablecodboard [-y|-n] board_name [board_name....]

  SC>enablecodboard -h

  -h          Displays help for this command. Use the -h option alone.
              Any option specified in addition to the -h option is ignored.

  -y          Automatically answers Yes to all prompts.

  -n          Automatically answers No to all prompts.

  board_name  SB0, SB1,..., SB17

  EXAMPLE:

    schostname:SC>enablecodboard SB0
    Warning: After conversion, a COD Board requires licenses to be used.
    This conversion cannot be reversed.
    Do you want to convert SB0 to COD [no]? yes
    SBO: converted

COMMENTS:

None.

Implementation Footnote:

i)   In case of MANDATORY FINs, Sun Services will attempt to contact
     all affected customers to recommend implementation of the FIN.

ii)  For CONTROLLED PROACTIVE FINs, Sun Services mission critical
     support teams will recommend implementation of the FIN  (to their
     respective accounts), at the convenience of the customer.

iii) For REACTIVE FINs, Sun Services will implement the FIN as the
     need arises.
All released FINs and FCOs can be accessed using your favorite network
browser as follows:

SunWeb Access:
--------------
* Access the top level URL of http://sdpsweb.central/FIN_FCO/

* From there, select the appropriate link to query or browse the FIN and
  FCO Homepage collections.

SunSolve Online Access:
-----------------------
* Access the SunSolve Online URL at http://sunsolve.central/

* From there, select the appropriate link to browse the FIN or FCO index.

Internet Access:
----------------
* Access the top level URL of https://spe.Sun.COM
General:
--------
* Send questions or comments to [email protected]

From - Tue Mar  4 12:15:24 2003
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 18:09:07 -0700 (MST)
From: [email protected]
Subject: FIN:Release:Approved FIN# I0932-1 (8 Port and 16 Port FC Switches in
 T3/T3+ Arrays may have slow response when accessed via telnet connection)
To: undisclosed-recipients: ;

Sun-Proprietary-Confidential: Internal Use Only

            - Sun Proprietary/Confidential: Internal Use Only -
                        FIELD INFORMATION NOTICE
               (For Authorized Distribution by SunService)

FIN #: I0932-1                                       DATE: Mar/03/03

SYNOPSIS: 8 Port and 16 Port FC Switches in T3/T3+ Arrays may have slow
> [...]

command.  This command lists boards currently enabled for COD.  In
addition, COD-enabled boards will have a "Capacity On Demand" label on
the ASIC cover.  For further information on Sun Fire COD, see FIN
I0781-1.

This issue occurs because current FRUs are not packaged to be shipped
as COD replacements.

This issue has been addressed by the following:

  . FRU Part Numbers are being dash rolled via ECO WO_25192:

      F540-5052-03 to -04
      F540-5261-02 to -03

  . Each new FRU will contain a doclet (816-6062-10) and an adhesive
    COD label.  The doclet describes the COD FRU installation procedure.
    See detailed instructions below.

  . A sticky-back envelope with the COD label/doclette will be distributed
    to the RSLs.  The envelope will be placed on existing 900Mhz & 1050Mhz

         ---

         ---
        |   |   CONTROLLED PRO-ACTIVE (per Sun Geo Plan)
         ---

         ---
        | X |   REACTIVE (As Required)
         ---

CORRECTIVE ACTION:

The following recommendation is provided as a guideline for authorized
Sun Services Field Representatives who may encounter the above
mentioned problem.

Sun Fire CPU/Memory Boards in FRU stock are NOT COD enabled.  Use the
following procedure to enable COD when replacing a COD-enabled board.

Use the 'enablecodboard' command to COD-enable a CPU/Memory Board.

  Syntax:

  enablecodboard [-y|-n] board_name [board_name....]

  SC>enablecodboard -h

  -h          Displays help for this command. Use the -h option alone.
              Any option specified in addition to the -h option is ignored.

  -y          Automatically answers Yes to all prompts.

  -n          Automatically answers No to all prompts.

  board_name  SB0, SB1,..., SB17

  EXAMPLE:

    schostname:SC>enablecodboard SB0
    Warning: After conversion, a COD Board requires licenses to be used.
    This conversion cannot be reversed.
    Do you want to convert SB0 to COD [no]? yes
    SBO: converted

COMMENTS:

None.

Implementation Footnote:

i)   In case of MANDATORY FINs, Sun Services will attempt to contact
     all affected customers to recommend implementation of the FIN.

ii)  For CONTROLLED PROACTIVE FINs, Sun Services mission critical
     support teams will recommend implementation of the FIN  (to their
     respective accounts), at the convenience of the customer.

iii) For REACTIVE FINs, Sun Services will implement the FIN as the
     need arises.
All released FINs and FCOs can be accessed using your favorite network
browser as follows:

SunWeb Access:
--------------
* Access the top level URL of http://sdpsweb.central/FIN_FCO/

* From there, select the appropriate link to query or browse the FIN and
  FCO Homepage collections.

SunSolve Online Access:
-----------------------
* Access the SunSolve Online URL at http://sunsolve.central/

* From there, select the appropriate link to browse the FIN or FCO index.

Internet Access:
----------------
* Access the top level URL of https://spe.Sun.COM
General:
--------
* Send questions or comments to [email protected]

From - Tue Mar  4 12:15:24 2003
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 18:09:07 -0700 (MST)
From: [email protected]
 T3/T3+ Arrays may have slow response when accessed via telnet connection)
To: undisclosed-recipients: ;

Sun-Proprietary-Confidential: Internal Use Only

            - Sun Proprietary/Confidential: Internal Use Only -
                        FIELD INFORMATION NOTICE
               (For Authorized Distribution by SunService)

FIN #: I0932-1                                       DATE: Mar/03/03

SYNOPSIS: 8 Port and 16 Port FC Switches in T3/T3+ Arrays may have slow
          response when accessed via telnet connection.

SunAlert:           No

TOP FIN/FCO REPORT: No
Products Reference: COD on Sun Fire 12K/15K & 3800/4800/4810/6800

> [...]

command.  This command lists boards currently enabled for COD.  In
addition, COD-enabled boards will have a "Capacity On Demand" label on
the ASIC cover.  For further information on Sun Fire COD, see FIN
I0781-1.

This issue occurs because current FRUs are not packaged to be shipped
as COD replacements.

This issue has been addressed by the following:

  . FRU Part Numbers are being dash rolled via ECO WO_25192:

      F540-5052-03 to -04
      F540-5261-02 to -03

  . Each new FRU will contain a doclet (816-6062-10) and an adhesive
    COD label.  The doclet describes the COD FRU installation procedure.
    See detailed instructions below.

  . A sticky-back envelope with the COD label/doclette will be distributed
    to the RSLs.  The envelope will be placed on existing 900Mhz & 1050Mhz

         ---

         ---
        |   |   CONTROLLED PRO-ACTIVE (per Sun Geo Plan)
         ---

         ---
        | X |   REACTIVE (As Required)
         ---

CORRECTIVE ACTION:

The following recommendation is provided as a guideline for authorized
Sun Services Field Representatives who may encounter the above
mentioned problem.

Sun Fire CPU/Memory Boards in FRU stock are NOT COD enabled.  Use the
following procedure to enable COD when replacing a COD-enabled board.

Use the 'enablecodboard' command to COD-enable a CPU/Memory Board.

  Syntax:

  enablecodboard [-y|-n] board_name [board_name....]

  SC>enablecodboard -h

  -h          Displays help for this command. Use the -h option alone.
              Any option specified in addition to the -h option is ignored.

  -y          Automatically answers Yes to all prompts.

  -n          Automatically answers No to all prompts.

  board_name  SB0, SB1,..., SB17

  EXAMPLE:

    schostname:SC>enablecodboard SB0
    Warning: After conversion, a COD Board requires licenses to be used.
    This conversion cannot be reversed.
    Do you want to convert SB0 to COD [no]? yes
    SBO: converted

COMMENTS:

None.

Implementation Footnote:

i)   In case of MANDATORY FINs, Sun Services will attempt to contact
     all affected customers to recommend implementation of the FIN.

ii)  For CONTROLLED PROACTIVE FINs, Sun Services mission critical
     support teams will recommend implementation of the FIN  (to their
     respective accounts), at the convenience of the customer.

iii) For REACTIVE FINs, Sun Services will implement the FIN as the
     need arises.
All released FINs and FCOs can be accessed using your favorite network
browser as follows:

SunWeb Access:
--------------
* Access the top level URL of http://sdpsweb.central/FIN_FCO/

* From there, select the appropriate link to query or browse the FIN and
  FCO Homepage collections.

SunSolve Online Access:
-----------------------
* Access the SunSolve Online URL at http://sunsolve.central/

* From there, select the appropriate link to browse the FIN or FCO index.

Internet Access:
----------------
* Access the top level URL of https://spe.Sun.COM
General:
--------
* Send questions or comments to [email protected]

From - Tue Mar  4 12:15:24 2003
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 18:09:07 -0700 (MST)
From: [email protected]
 T3/T3+ Arrays may have slow response when accessed via telnet connection)
To: undisclosed-recipients: ;

Sun-Proprietary-Confidential: Internal Use Only

            - Sun Proprietary/Confidential: Internal Use Only -
                        FIELD INFORMATION NOTICE
               (For Authorized Distribution by SunService)

FIN #: I0932-1                                       DATE: Mar/03/03

SYNOPSIS: 8 Port and 16 Port FC Switches in T3/T3+ Arrays may have slow
          response when accessed via telnet connection.

SunAlert:           No

TOP FIN/FCO REPORT: No

PRODUCT_REFERENCE:  Sun StorEdge T3/T3+
Product Category: Server / Service
Product Affected:
Systems Affected
----------------
Mkt_ID   	Platform   Model     Description       Serial Number
------   	--------   -----     -----------       -------------
  -               F15K      ALL      Sun Fire 15K            -
  -               F12K      ALL      Sun Fire 12K            -
  -               S8        ALL      Sun Fire 3800           -
  -               S12       ALL      Sun Fire 4800           -
  -               S12i      ALL      Sun Fire 4810           -
  -               S24       ALL      Sun Fire 6800           -

X-Options Affected
------------------
Mkt_ID   Platform   Model     Description      Serial Number
------   --------   -----     -----------      -------------
  -         -         -            -                 -
Parts Affected:
Part Number      Description                       Model
-----------      -----------                       -----
540-5052-03      ASSY,CPU,4PROC USIIIP 900+MHZ       -
540-5267-02      FRU, CPU,4PROC USIIIP 1050+MHZ      -

REFERENCES:

FIN:  I0781-1

ECO:  WO_25192

LEAP: 2122

DOC:  816-6062-10 - Doclette.
FIN:  I0781-1

ECO:  WO_25192

LEAP: 2122

DOC:  816-6062-10 - Doclette.

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:

CPU/Memory Board FRUs for Sun Fire 12K/15K and Sun Fire 3800-6800
systems are not enabled for Capacity On Demand (COD) use.  When one of
these FRUs replaces a board which was enabled for COD, the FRU and its
processors will operate normally.  However, customers may have access
to additional processors for which they did not purchase RTU licenses.

This issue affects any Sun Fire platform where CPU/Memory Board FRUs,
P/N F540-5052-xx or P/N F5405267-xx, are installed as replacements for
COD-enabled boards.

A system's COD configuration can be identified with the 'showcodboards'
command.  This command lists boards currently enabled for COD.  In
addition, COD-enabled boards will have a "Capacity On Demand" label on
the ASIC cover.  For further information on Sun Fire COD, see FIN
I0781-1.

This issue occurs because current FRUs are not packaged to be shipped
as COD replacements.

This issue has been addressed by the following:

  . FRU Part Numbers are being dash rolled via ECO WO_25192:

      F540-5052-03 to -04
      F540-5261-02 to -03

  . Each new FRU will contain a doclet (816-6062-10) and an adhesive
    COD label.  The doclet describes the COD FRU installation procedure.
    See detailed instructions below.

  . A sticky-back envelope with the COD label/doclette will be distributed
    to the RSLs.  The envelope will be placed on existing 900Mhz & 1050Mhz
    FRUs in stock.

IMPLEMENTATION:

         ---
        |   |   MANDATORY (Fully Pro-Active)
         ---

         ---
        |   |   CONTROLLED PRO-ACTIVE (per Sun Geo Plan)
         ---

         ---
        | X |   REACTIVE (As Required)
         ---

CORRECTIVE ACTION:

The following recommendation is provided as a guideline for authorized
Sun Services Field Representatives who may encounter the above
mentioned problem.

Sun Fire CPU/Memory Boards in FRU stock are NOT COD enabled.  Use the
following procedure to enable COD when replacing a COD-enabled board.

Use the 'enablecodboard' command to COD-enable a CPU/Memory Board.

  Syntax:

  enablecodboard [-y|-n] board_name [board_name....]

  SC>enablecodboard -h

  -h          Displays help for this command. Use the -h option alone.
              Any option specified in addition to the -h option is ignored.

  -y          Automatically answers Yes to all prompts.

  -n          Automatically answers No to all prompts.

  board_name  SB0, SB1,..., SB17

  EXAMPLE:

    schostname:SC>enablecodboard SB0
    Warning: After conversion, a COD Board requires licenses to be used.
    This conversion cannot be reversed.
    Do you want to convert SB0 to COD [no]? yes
    SBO: converted

COMMENTS:

None.

Implementation Footnote:

i)   In case of MANDATORY FINs, Sun Services will attempt to contact
     all affected customers to recommend implementation of the FIN.

ii)  For CONTROLLED PROACTIVE FINs, Sun Services mission critical
     support teams will recommend implementation of the FIN  (to their
     respective accounts), at the convenience of the customer.

iii) For REACTIVE FINs, Sun Services will implement the FIN as the
     need arises.
All released FINs and FCOs can be accessed using your favorite network
browser as follows:

SunWeb Access:
--------------
* Access the top level URL of http://sdpsweb.central/FIN_FCO/

* From there, select the appropriate link to query or browse the FIN and
  FCO Homepage collections.

SunSolve Online Access:
-----------------------
* Access the SunSolve Online URL at http://sunsolve.central/

* From there, select the appropriate link to browse the FIN or FCO index.

Internet Access:
----------------
* Access the top level URL of https://spe.Sun.COM
General:
--------
* Send questions or comments to [email protected]

From - Tue Mar  4 12:15:24 2003
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 18:09:07 -0700 (MST)
From: [email protected]
 T3/T3+ Arrays may have slow response when accessed via telnet connection)
To: undisclosed-recipients: ;

Sun-Proprietary-Confidential: Internal Use Only

            - Sun Proprietary/Confidential: Internal Use Only -
                        FIELD INFORMATION NOTICE
               (For Authorized Distribution by SunService)

FIN #: I0932-1                                       DATE: Mar/03/03

SYNOPSIS: 8 Port and 16 Port FC Switches in T3/T3+ Arrays may have slow
          response when accessed via telnet connection.

SunAlert:           No

TOP FIN/FCO REPORT: No

PRODUCT_REFERENCE:  Sun StorEdge T3/T3+

PRODUCT CATEGORY:   Storage / Service

PRODUCTS AFFECTED:

Systems Affected:
-----------------
Mkt_ID     Platform     Model      Description                 Serial Number
------     --------     -----      -----------                 -------------
  -         ANYSYS        -        System Platform Independent       -

X-Options Affected:
-------------------
Mkt_ID        Platform   Model   Description               Serial Number
------        --------   -----   -----------               -------------
 -              T3        ALL    Sun StorEdge T3 Array           -
 -              T3+       ALL    Sun StorEdge T3+ Array          -
X6746A           -         -     8 Port FC Switch                -
SG-XSW16-32P     -         -     16 Port FC Switch               -

PART NUMBERS AFFECTED:

Part Number             Description           Model
-----------             -----------           -----
540-4372-03 or lower	8 Port FC switch        -
540-4751-02 or lower	16 Port FC switch       -

REFERENCES:

WW StopShip: P001-20088.A1
Issue Description:
CPU/Memory Board FRUs for Sun Fire 12K/15K and Sun Fire 3800-6800
systems are not enabled for Capacity On Demand (COD) use.  When one of
these FRUs replaces a board which was enabled for COD, the FRU and its
processors will operate normally.  However, customers may have access
to additional processors for which they did not purchase RTU licenses.

This issue affects any Sun Fire platform where CPU/Memory Board FRUs,
P/N F540-5052-xx or P/N F5405267-xx, are installed as replacements for
COD-enabled boards.

A system's COD configuration can be identified with the 'showcodboards'
command.  This command lists boards currently enabled for COD.  In
addition, COD-enabled boards will have a "Capacity On Demand" label on
the ASIC cover.  For further information on Sun Fire COD, see FIN
I0781-1.

This issue occurs because current FRUs are not packaged to be shipped
as COD replacements.

This issue has been addressed by the following:

  . FRU Part Numbers are being dash rolled via ECO WO_25192:

      F540-5052-03 to -04
      F540-5261-02 to -03

  . Each new FRU will contain a doclet (816-6062-10) and an adhesive
    COD label.  The doclet describes the COD FRU installation procedure.
    See detailed instructions below.

  . A sticky-back envelope with the COD label/doclette will be distributed
    to the RSLs.  The envelope will be placed on existing 900Mhz & 1050Mhz
    FRUs in stock.

IMPLEMENTATION:

         ---
        |   |   MANDATORY (Fully Pro-Active)
         ---

         ---
        |   |   CONTROLLED PRO-ACTIVE (per Sun Geo Plan)
         ---

         ---
        | X |   REACTIVE (As Required)
         ---

CORRECTIVE ACTION:

The following recommendation is provided as a guideline for authorized
Sun Services Field Representatives who may encounter the above
mentioned problem.

Sun Fire CPU/Memory Boards in FRU stock are NOT COD enabled.  Use the
following procedure to enable COD when replacing a COD-enabled board.

Use the 'enablecodboard' command to COD-enable a CPU/Memory Board.

  Syntax:

  enablecodboard [-y|-n] board_name [board_name....]

  SC>enablecodboard -h

  -h          Displays help for this command. Use the -h option alone.
              Any option specified in addition to the -h option is ignored.

  -y          Automatically answers Yes to all prompts.

  -n          Automatically answers No to all prompts.

  board_name  SB0, SB1,..., SB17

  EXAMPLE:

    schostname:SC>enablecodboard SB0
    Warning: After conversion, a COD Board requires licenses to be used.
    This conversion cannot be reversed.
    Do you want to convert SB0 to COD [no]? yes
    SBO: converted

COMMENTS:

None.

Implementation Footnote:

i)   In case of MANDATORY FINs, Sun Services will attempt to contact
     all affected customers to recommend implementation of the FIN.

ii)  For CONTROLLED PROACTIVE FINs, Sun Services mission critical
     support teams will recommend implementation of the FIN  (to their
     respective accounts), at the convenience of the customer.

iii) For REACTIVE FINs, Sun Services will implement the FIN as the
     need arises.
All released FINs and FCOs can be accessed using your favorite network
browser as follows:

SunWeb Access:
--------------
* Access the top level URL of http://sdpsweb.central/FIN_FCO/

* From there, select the appropriate link to query or browse the FIN and
  FCO Homepage collections.

SunSolve Online Access:
-----------------------
* Access the SunSolve Online URL at http://sunsolve.central/

* From there, select the appropriate link to browse the FIN or FCO index.

Internet Access:
----------------
* Access the top level URL of https://spe.Sun.COM
General:
--------
* Send questions or comments to [email protected]

From - Tue Mar  4 12:15:24 2003
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 18:09:07 -0700 (MST)
From: [email protected]
 T3/T3+ Arrays may have slow response when accessed via telnet connection)
To: undisclosed-recipients: ;

[...]

Some StorEdge Network FC Switch-8 and Switch-16 switches used with Sun
StorEdge T3/T3+ Arrays may exhibit slow response times when accessed
via telnet (1).  There is no impact to system or disk array
performance.

This issue could affect any FC Switch-8 (P/N 540-4372-xx) or FC
Switch-16 (P/N 540-4751-xx) component shipped with T3/T3+ Arrays prior
to December 19, 2002.  2Gb FC Switch-8 and 2Gb FC Switch-16 components
are not affected.

When affected switches are accessed via telnet, slow response times of
5-10 seconds may be noticed.  There will be a delay for keyed input
being displayed to the screen.  There is no delay when the switch is
accessed via a GUI.

This issue occurs due to incorrect Gateway and ARP Timeout settings
being programmed into the switches at the supplier.  End of Line switch
testing was corrupting the switch settings.  This problem was
discovered at Sun during testing of StorEdge T3/T3+ disk arrays.

The switch vendor has implemented a new process check to insure Gateway
and ARP Timeout settings are correct.  Sun Manufacturing has
implemented a purge of stock via Purge P001-20088.A1.

If this problem is encountereed at a customer site, the Gateway and ARP
Timeout settings should be corrected.  Please follow the procedure
provided below.
Implementation:
---
        |   |   MANDATORY (Fully Pro-Active)
         ---

         ---
        |   |   CONTROLLED PRO-ACTIVE (per Sun Geo Plan)
         ---

         ---
        | X |   REACTIVE (As Required)
         ---

CORRECTIVE ACTION:

The following recommendation is provided as a guideline for authorized
Sun Services Field Representatives who may encounter the above
mentioned problem.

Sun Fire CPU/Memory Boards in FRU stock are NOT COD enabled.  Use the
following procedure to enable COD when replacing a COD-enabled board.

Use the 'enablecodboard' command to COD-enable a CPU/Memory Board.

  Syntax:

  enablecodboard [-y|-n] board_name [board_name....]

  SC>enablecodboard -h

  -h          Displays help for this command. Use the -h option alone.
              Any option specified in addition to the -h option is ignored.

  -y          Automatically answers Yes to all prompts.

  -n          Automatically answers No to all prompts.

  board_name  SB0, SB1,..., SB17

  EXAMPLE:

    schostname:SC>enablecodboard SB0
    Warning: After conversion, a COD Board requires licenses to be used.
    This conversion cannot be reversed.
    Do you want to convert SB0 to COD [no]? yes
    SBO: converted

COMMENTS:

None.

Implementation Footnote:

i)   In case of MANDATORY FINs, Sun Services will attempt to contact
     all affected customers to recommend implementation of the FIN.

ii)  For CONTROLLED PROACTIVE FINs, Sun Services mission critical
     support teams will recommend implementation of the FIN  (to their
     respective accounts), at the convenience of the customer.

iii) For REACTIVE FINs, Sun Services will implement the FIN as the
     need arises.
All released FINs and FCOs can be accessed using your favorite network
browser as follows:

SunWeb Access:
--------------
* Access the top level URL of http://sdpsweb.central/FIN_FCO/

* From there, select the appropriate link to query or browse the FIN and
  FCO Homepage collections.

SunSolve Online Access:
-----------------------
* Access the SunSolve Online URL at http://sunsolve.central/

* From there, select the appropriate link to browse the FIN or FCO index.

Internet Access:
----------------
* Access the top level URL of https://spe.Sun.COM
General:
--------
* Send questions or comments to [email protected]

From - Tue Mar  4 12:15:24 2003
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 18:09:07 -0700 (MST)
From: [email protected]
 T3/T3+ Arrays may have slow response when accessed via telnet connection)
To: undisclosed-recipients: ;

> [...]

are not affected.

When affected switches are accessed via telnet, slow response times of
5-10 seconds may be noticed.  There will be a delay for keyed input
being displayed to the screen.  There is no delay when the switch is
accessed via a GUI.

This issue occurs due to incorrect Gateway and ARP Timeout settings
being programmed into the switches at the supplier.  End of Line switch
testing was corrupting the switch settings.  This problem was
discovered at Sun during testing of StorEdge T3/T3+ disk arrays.

The switch vendor has implemented a new process check to insure Gateway
and ARP Timeout settings are correct.  Sun Manufacturing has
implemented a purge of stock via Purge P001-20088.A1.

If this problem is encountereed at a customer site, the Gateway and ARP
Timeout settings should be corrected.  Please follow the procedure

         ---

         ---
        |   |   CONTROLLED PROACTIVE (per Sun Geo Plan)
         ---

         ---
        | X |   REACTIVE (As Required)
         ---
Corrective Action:
The following recommendation is provided as a guideline for authorized
Sun Services Field Representatives who may encounter the above
mentioned problem.

Sun Fire CPU/Memory Boards in FRU stock are NOT COD enabled.  Use the
following procedure to enable COD when replacing a COD-enabled board.

Use the 'enablecodboard' command to COD-enable a CPU/Memory Board.

  Syntax:

  enablecodboard [-y|-n] board_name [board_name....]

  SC>enablecodboard -h

  -h          Displays help for this command. Use the -h option alone.
              Any option specified in addition to the -h option is ignored.

  -y          Automatically answers Yes to all prompts.

  -n          Automatically answers No to all prompts.

  board_name  SB0, SB1,..., SB17

  EXAMPLE:

    schostname:SC>enablecodboard SB0
    Warning: After conversion, a COD Board requires licenses to be used.
    This conversion cannot be reversed.
    Do you want to convert SB0 to COD [no]? yes
    SBO: converted

COMMENTS:

None.

Implementation Footnote:

i)   In case of MANDATORY FINs, Sun Services will attempt to contact
     all affected customers to recommend implementation of the FIN.

ii)  For CONTROLLED PROACTIVE FINs, Sun Services mission critical
     support teams will recommend implementation of the FIN  (to their
     respective accounts), at the convenience of the customer.

iii) For REACTIVE FINs, Sun Services will implement the FIN as the
     need arises.
All released FINs and FCOs can be accessed using your favorite network
browser as follows:

SunWeb Access:
--------------
* Access the top level URL of http://sdpsweb.central/FIN_FCO/

* From there, select the appropriate link to query or browse the FIN and
  FCO Homepage collections.

SunSolve Online Access:
-----------------------
* Access the SunSolve Online URL at http://sunsolve.central/

* From there, select the appropriate link to browse the FIN or FCO index.

Internet Access:
----------------
* Access the top level URL of https://spe.Sun.COM
General:
--------
* Send questions or comments to [email protected]

From - Tue Mar  4 12:15:24 2003
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 18:09:07 -0700 (MST)
From: [email protected]
 T3/T3+ Arrays may have slow response when accessed via telnet connection)
To: undisclosed-recipients: ;

> [...]

are not affected.

When affected switches are accessed via telnet, slow response times of
5-10 seconds may be noticed.  There will be a delay for keyed input
being displayed to the screen.  There is no delay when the switch is
accessed via a GUI.

This issue occurs due to incorrect Gateway and ARP Timeout settings
being programmed into the switches at the supplier.  End of Line switch
testing was corrupting the switch settings.  This problem was
discovered at Sun during testing of StorEdge T3/T3+ disk arrays.

The switch vendor has implemented a new process check to insure Gateway
and ARP Timeout settings are correct.  Sun Manufacturing has
implemented a purge of stock via Purge P001-20088.A1.

If this problem is encountereed at a customer site, the Gateway and ARP
Timeout settings should be corrected.  Please follow the procedure

         ---

         ---
        |   |   CONTROLLED PROACTIVE (per Sun Geo Plan)
         ---

         ---
        | X |   REACTIVE (As Required)
         ---

CORRECTIVE ACTION:

The following recommendation is provided as a guideline for authorized
Sun Services Field Representatives who may encounter the above
mentioned problem.

For any Switch-8 or Switch-16 slow/delayed response failure, telnet
into the switch and check Gateway and Arp Timeout settings as follows:

   cl201# telnet cl202
   Trying 192.9.20.13...
   Connected to cl202.
   Escape character is '^]'.
   Login:root
   Password:********

   100000C0 DD01955E>show network

     IP Address            :10.0.0.1
     Netmask               :255.0.0.0
     Broadcast             :0.0.0.0
     Gateway               :10.0.0.254  (CORRECT)
     Bootp Enabled         :YES
     ARP Timeout(ms)       :0           (THIS SHOULD BE 30000)

   100000C0 DD01955E>set network arp to 30000   (THEN POWER CYCLE SWITCH)

     cl201# telnet cl202
     Trying 192.9.20.13...
     Connected to cl202.
     Escape character is '^]'.
     Login:root
     Password:********

   100000C0 DD01955E>show network       (BUT IT HAS COME BACK UP WRONG...)

     IP Address            :192.9.20.13
     Netmask               :255.255.255.0
     Broadcast             :0.0.0.0
     Gateway               :0.0.0.0
     Bootp Enabled         :YES
     ARP Timeout(ms)       :

   100000C0 DD01955E>set network ip 10.0.0.1
   100000C0 DD01955E>set network mask 255.0.0.0
   100000C0 DD01955E>set network gateway 10.0.0.254

   100000C0 DD01955E>show network

     IP Address            :10.0.0.1
     Netmask               :255.0.0.0
     Broadcast             :0.0.0.0
     Gateway               :10.0.0.254
     Bootp Enabled         :YES
     ARP Timeout(ms)       :30000

Switch should now be set correctly.
[...]

From - Tue Mar  4 12:15:24 2003
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 18:09:07 -0700 (MST)
From: [email protected]
 T3/T3+ Arrays may have slow response when accessed via telnet connection)
To: undisclosed-recipients: ;

> [...]

are not affected.

When affected switches are accessed via telnet, slow response times of
5-10 seconds may be noticed.  There will be a delay for keyed input
being displayed to the screen.  There is no delay when the switch is
accessed via a GUI.

This issue occurs due to incorrect Gateway and ARP Timeout settings
being programmed into the switches at the supplier.  End of Line switch
testing was corrupting the switch settings.  This problem was
discovered at Sun during testing of StorEdge T3/T3+ disk arrays.

The switch vendor has implemented a new process check to insure Gateway
and ARP Timeout settings are correct.  Sun Manufacturing has
implemented a purge of stock via Purge P001-20088.A1.

If this problem is encountereed at a customer site, the Gateway and ARP
Timeout settings should be corrected.  Please follow the procedure

         ---

         ---
        |   |   CONTROLLED PROACTIVE (per Sun Geo Plan)
         ---

         ---
        | X |   REACTIVE (As Required)
         ---

[...]